Ring of Honor
The Ring of Honor is a very prestigious honor that may occur no more than once every two (2) years for one (1) honoree.
Nominations for the Ring of Honor are due by the 1st of each new calendar year. Nominations for the Ring of Honor will be accepted in the USD 421 District Office September 1st through December 31st of the nominating year. The first nominating year begins with school year 2011 – 2012.
Criteria for Ring of Honor nominees are as follows:
1. A letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member. The letter should have the signed support of at least thirty (30) representatives. Ten (10) of the 30 signatures are required to be from Lyndon High School Alumni and /or USD 421 employees or former employees. More validity will be given to a cross section of signatures.
2. Must be a USD 421 employee or former employee, former Lyndon High School student, or a USD 421 resident.
Additional criteria are based on type of nominee as follows:
Employee or former employee
1. Minimum of ten (10) years of service at USD 421
2. Lyndon community involvement over a period of time
3. USD 421 School district involvement
1. Lyndon High School graduate
2. Significant accomplishments
3. Lyndon Community involvement
4. USD 421 School District involvement
USD 421 Resident
1. Significant accomplishments
2. Lyndon Community involvement over a period of time
3. USD 421 School District involvement
Honoree Selection Process:
A committee will review all honoree nominations prior to them being presented to the USD 421 Board of Education. The committee will have 12 voting members to include: USD 421 Board member (chair of the committee), Building Principal, Site Council Member, High School Student Council President, Lyndon Alumni President, Current School Employee, Retired Employee and one Lyndon High School Graduate from each of the previous 5 full decades (i.e. 1960’s, 1970’s, 1980’s, 1990’s, 2000’s). The Site Council Member, Current School employee, Retired Employee and 5 Lyndon High School graduates will initially serve a 2 or 3 year terms and 2 year terms thereafter. The committee has to have 2/3 (8 members) vote for an action to stand.
After the committee has voted in favor of an honoree, he/she will then be presented to the USD 421 Board of Education, March Board meeting, for review and final approval.
The USD 421 Board of Education is responsible for final approval of honoree and will be responsible for any costs and celebrations.